Why the hell should I trek all the way out to Queens? Answers within.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Nourished on the Boulevard

Just made my second visit to Nourish NYC, Sunnyside's new alternative to schlepping things home from Whole Body.

The store is beautifully designed, with a restful, spa-like atmosphere and the kind of selection that makes a natural/organic-junkie like myself swoon. I spent a little more than I intended but felt the pricing was appropriate.

Owner Claire Carson lives in Sunnyside and was very helpful when I stopped by today to stock up on prenatal vitamins and a calcium supplement. She really wants to hear from people in the neighborhood about what products you want to be able to buy without using your Metrocard or paying shipping fees.

There's a juice bar that also offers a selection of organic teas that I'm interested in trying.

It's a welcome (if luxurious) addition to the neighborhood. I hope for peaceful coexistence with the more downmarket health food store just up the street.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I liked the store a lot and and I often See the owner and her husband around the neighborhood. It is nice to see businesses that are local, supporting our local Queens community. (Arrioshi, the Japanese restaurant three or 4 blocks down the BLVD is owned by the parents of kids on my block who go to school with my kids.)

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that about Ariyoshi--very cool!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

Please, give me link to download XRumer 7.0!!!
Thanks!

Always yours,
miss MW