Why the hell should I trek all the way out to Queens? Answers within.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

45th Ave ISO Spanish Speaking Good Samaritan

...to tell K*ke's Mexican that they might have a branding issue.

It's around 49th St. I may not be a member of the tribe, but I practically plotzed when I saw the sign. Part of me thinks it should stay that way, if only because it's so rare to experience actual shock while out on a walk around the neighborhood.

Of course, even if they do change their name, they're competing with the MAGNIFICENT de Mole on 48th Ave and 45th St in Woodside. I have eaten there 5 times since learning about it only 3 weeks ago.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw guys take a photo of the sign once. I could tell they couldn't believe what they were seeing. If my memory of high-school Spanish is correct, the vowels are pronounced differently so you wouldn't hear it the way we'd think you would. Anyone ever try calling to hear how they answer the phone?

grvsmth said...

I had dinner there last week. I still prefer Chanita for my carne de enchilada, but the service was friendly and the prices were good. With a bigger space and more comfortable chairs, it's a more relaxing atmosphere than El Rey across the avenue.