Why the hell should I trek all the way out to Queens? Answers within.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Lemonade!

I just drank a delicious fresh squeezed lemonade from The Grind (Queens Boulevard & 39th Place, South Side). I watched her squeeze it myself. Real lemons, and you add the sugar yourself so I could get the perfect level of tartness. Delicious & refreshing after a walk through the neighborhood.

Also, I noticed that The Grind has ice cream sodas on offer. I have not had one yet, but this has been one of my pregnancy cravings. And since my boyfriend Mr. Softee no longer comes up my street at 9:15 pm, I've been despairing of having to rely on Baskin Robbins for my fix. I mean, the Foodtown can't manage to stock mint chocolate chip of ANY BRAND WHATSOEVER. I can't be the only person who has a problem with this.

I'll report back tomorrow after I have a float. I'm thinking Dr. Pepper with vanilla ice cream...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Grind is great! They have live music on Fridays starting at 8 I believe, and live stand up comedy (some comedians are great, and some arent) on thursdays starting at 9 :D Its a nice place to go, one of the few places in the neighborhood that has a nice urban vibe~