Why the hell should I trek all the way out to Queens? Answers within.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Wear Your Love For Queens--Or Eat It

Online vendor Queensbound emailed us to ask if we'd tell you about her online store, where she's selling t-shirts, tote bags, stickers, and chocolates emblazoned with an "I Heart Queens" logo. Designer Clara Elend lives in Sunnyside and has this to say about her work:

Much of my art is inspired by New York City, and particularly by Queens. This borough is full of diversity in its residents, architecture, landscape, and art. Often overlooked by outsiders, Queens and it's working class aesthetic inspires a love and loyalty in its residents. After living in Queens for three years and falling in love with it, I noticed that there were no cool, well-designed shirts about Queens. So I decided to make my own shirts and created Queensbound to pay homage to this kick-ass place.


These shirts are great for when you put the gang together for a rumble down at Newtown Creek with some Soc's wearing Greenpoint neighborhoodies.

1 comment:

grvsmth said...

A gay friend of mine from Jackson Heights is very proud of his "I heart Queens" t-shirt.