Why the hell should I trek all the way out to Queens? Answers within.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Sunnyside Gardens' Squirrel - Breaking, Entering, and Eating

Just a little warning for fellow Sunnyside Gardens' residents. A hungry, brazen, and resourceful squirrel has broken into at least 2 kitchens by eating/ripping through window screens to get at food sitting on kitchen counters (even sealed food) within the last week. Not quite sure how to put a stop to him seeing as he scaled a brick facade to get through a second floor window, but if you happen to have just baked something tasty you may want to close your kitchen window or risk having a visitor for tea!

2 comments:

Food Samaritan said...

This happened to me earlier this summer at Celtic Park, and I'm on the seventh floor!
I've gone through three screens this season...watch out!

Anonymous said...

It happened to me also. I live on 41st Street on the second floor. A neighbor called me while I was out and told me that a squirrel came in to my apt. through my window. He said that the squirrel came out about a 1/2 hour later. I live between 50th avenue and greenpoint avenue.