Why the hell should I trek all the way out to Queens? Answers within.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

New York Style Eats and Their Queens Style Drivers



I'm ready! Whose got my back? These sum bitches, driving around, knocking people to the friggin curb, swerving, nearly missing folk. ME. And my dear, dear, car, The USS Ellen Johnson. She is not subject to vanity or pain. But, I am motherfucker.

I occasionally take a walk around the nabe. Today was something. Ran into some new Asian joint on Skillman. Something called 'Quaint' as well. Things are changing.
Anyway, I ended up passing down the loud, brown block of the deadliest Blvd of them all, when I was nearly crushed by a delivery vehicle for this dump - New York Style Eats. I yelled and immediately reached for the cellular and dialed up '411 and more', connected and started my rant about the delivery boys.

I don't know what I was expecting. Motherfucker wasn't it. Kick your ass wasn't it. So, I turned around - I was already in line at On The Run picking out my numbers. It is my day off, you know... 3, 34, 44, 50, 54. Damn. He, whomever he was, had called me out. So, I walked out and strutted back down to see this heavily-accented man in person.

I walked in and holding my phone up, signaling that I was the caller, said, 'who is the one that wants to kick my motherfucking ass?' Guy at the counter thought it was funny. Finally, the bossman identified himself - 'You no call here. You go." I responded as I did before, 'Drive your vehicles slower or I will kick your ass.'

I don't have kids. But, I like them enough. I once pulled a kid out of a sure hit on the deadly spot on The Blvd and 46th. He nearly started to cry cuz I yelled at him to be more careful. I forget how easily even tough kids can get scared.

One of these days, one of these drivers is going to nail one of these kids. It'll be because the kids try to break against the traffic and the guy in the gray minivan delivering for New York Style Eats didn't get his ass kicked by me, as he was out with his BLTs and short stacks when I came in.

The old man at the counter was all bother. I wonder if my challenge will lead to any change. I hope so. It's been years since I got in a fight with a food service provider. But, in this case, sober, but still angry, I could say I'm doing it for the children.

If you see those bastards driving like assholes around Sunnyside, let us know here at Queensrocks. We'll take care of that shit, tout suite.

NEW YORK STYLE EATs
45-02 QUEENS BOULEVARD, QUEENS 11104
718-937-4121

Current violation points: 26 (2 points shy of failure).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got your back, no problem. I've been in the crosshairs of those assholes myself. Amazing people get New York Eats delivered, because the food kind of sucks. As for the other other side of the Blvd. of Death - Quaint is great. So is the new Asian place. Stray owned by the nicest kids around - it's almost civilized over there on Skillman. One question: what's an HNIC?

Anonymous said...

Skillman is starting to feel like Brooklyn without the all the pretentious snobs. Last week, we got a large order of really good sushi for only $30 and Quaint is serving up better Cheesebrgers than Donovan's Pub. This new district deserves a NY Times feature.

Anonymous said...

It's probably inevitable, but be prepared for the rents to continue their rise...
When mentioning Donovan's burgers, please do so with the utmost caution.

Eric Hauser said...

PLEASE for the love of all things holy I hope there IS NOT a New York Times feature on Sunnyside. Rents ARE surely already on the rise - just wait till the Times does a piece and all the yuppies and trust funders will come to Sunnyside from Park Slope and Williamsburg and all the normal folks in Sunnyside will be quickly priced out.

Nothing Never said...

Hi! I love you. Just found you!
Have you set up a feed so I can subscribe with my rss reader?
:)
Lee Ann

Claire Deveron said...

Hi Leanne!

You can subscribe to our feed by clicking the "RSS" symbol in the address bar, or by using this link:

http://queensrocks.blogspot.com/feeds/

Enjoy!

Wesley Dumont said...

The Times is getting closer

Eric Hauser said...

Wesley, yep saw that yesterday. Crikey that was close. I have to say, what was up with the accompanying photos for that story? They look like they gave a 13 year old kid a disposable camera and said, "go on kid, make us proud." WTF?