Why the hell should I trek all the way out to Queens? Answers within.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Pure Bliss

Not much really needs to be said about Pure. Pedicures, massages, spa treatments--I mean, this is a no-brainer, right? But guaranteed awesomeness is not always the case, even in places that look nice and smell nicer.

Fortunately, my experiences with Pure thus far have been relaxing and recommendation-worthy. I've gotten 2 pedicures from Marta that held up great, and my eyebrows got waxed to just the perfect shape. And the one time Wesley and I went in for much-needed stress-relieving massages, we came out like butter.

The vibe is definitely Bliss via Queens--but there's much less Queens than Bliss. The spa treatment prices are high enough to be indulgences, but are still lower than what you'd find in Manhattan. Manicure/pedicures are at the going rate for places that have the spa pedicure chairs, which really is the only reason to spend money on a pedicure.

Pure is located at 40-15 Queens Boulevard, next to the revolting-looking Cheesesteak Factory. Appointments are a must. Call 718-784-6400.

6 comments:

K said...

Actually I think the basement of Pure smells kind of funny. And they rushed me out of the dressing room because they were overbooked. But the services are still cheaper than manncrappin.

Anonymous said...

The reason Pure is so overbooked is because the prices are so reasonable. I love the basement, especially the stone floor - the smell I have gotten sometimes is burnt sage - they burn it to clear the air of negative energy.

Anonymous said...

I have been going to Pure since it opened about a year ago and I just think it is outstanding. The service is excellent and their facials and massages are amazing. It is a lot cheaper than Manhattan prices. One thing I really like is the cleanliness, when I have a manicure and pedicure there I always get a new file to take home for my own personal use - not like those grotty other places on the Boulevard - no wonder people get infections. Keep up the good work I am coming back and back and back!

Claire Deveron said...

ooh, this is making me jones for a pedicure!

Anonymous said...

A few of the front desk people at Pure seem pretty unwelcoming. No smiles and a pretty flat affect. Not very welcoming. Pure's facials are amazing! The pedicures and manicures are- so/so. Call in advance for an appointment because they get booked pretty fast. That goes for all treatments! The massages are "ok". I'd rather spend more in the city with a few of the therapists I like and feel totally relaxed after a session, than walk out of one of Pure's massages feeling just "ok". But you can't beat the other services with a stick! It's worth the train ride over.

Anonymous said...

I just got a gift certificate for Pure and I can't wait to go there, I have heard such good feedback from locals. I heard Jackie gives a great massage!