Why the hell should I trek all the way out to Queens? Answers within.

Friday, March 07, 2008

The Latest Addition to Skillman Ave - Trash Cans

While this may sound pathetic, my mood went from average Friday anticipating the weekend joy to near elation when I walked out of my house and looked up the block this afternoon. As if delivered by a secret fairy garbage-mother, four NYC trash cans appeared on the corners of my block at 47th street and Skillman Avenue at some point this morning. My jaw nearly dropped as I discovered that they also appeared on the corners of 46th and Skillman (I haven't ventured further today, so I'm not sure if they appeared elsewhere down the avenue as well.)

Not only does this hopefully mean people won't feel compelled to throw their wrappers and trash on the sidewalk for lack of better options, but as a long-time dog owner it also (hopefully) means that less-diligent dog owners will stop giving we responsible canine-parents a bad name by properly and easily disposing of dog waste!

So thank you Eric Gioia, if you had a hand in this, and if not, thank you fairy garbage-mother wherever you are!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm just as excited as you are. I have always wanted trash cans on Skillman because when I walk my dog, I hate having to trek to Queens Blvd to throw anyway his waste. Thanks for the post. I might have never noticed.

stevebarry said...

I share your elation.

One small victory at a time...

Unknown said...

...now if only someone would EMPTY the trash cans. Guess you can't ask for everything!