Why the hell should I trek all the way out to Queens? Answers within.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Get In Line at El Triangulo



What could be better than having a few women call you 'guapo' or 'lindo' when you walk in to a restaurant?
Having them serve you strong coffee, bring you plates of food from a cheap buffet, and seating you next to a big, glorious window on Greenpoint Ave. to watch the Sunnysiders stroll by, that's what.

Super-friendly people. Super-sugary tea with lemon, and loads of just-oily-enough-but-still-fresh tasting traditional dishes that will leave you ready for a long walk through your great nabe.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A point, counterpoint situation here, http://167.153.150.32/RI/web/detail.do?method=history&restaurantId=41145221

As recently as March, this restaurant was shut down for major code violations....I won't be eating there....:(

Wesley Dumont said...

hmm. I only saw their most recent. Shut 'em down, I sez.

Anonymous said...

i remember this place was shut down by the DOH like a day before there was a streetfair on greenpoint ave. was that april or march? i can't remember.

either way, i also will be avoiding this place...

Wesley Dumont said...

such a nice location - maybe a bookstore would be nice...

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Bookstore!
Hostile takeover, anyone?

Anonymous said...

Personally I love El Triangulo and will continue to eat there. While I'm not wild about the service, and the whole cleanliness thing has me creaped out, my food has always been good and, I think, clean. I'm pretty sure most of our kitchens wouldn't pass muster with the department of health, so I'll live dangerously for the grilled pork steak.