Why the hell should I trek all the way out to Queens? Answers within.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Good Baby Pig-Eatin' on Greenpoint Ave, Sez Times

(Lynn and Paul--this is a non-vegetarian post.)

According to the Dining Section of the Times today, Las Americas on Greenpoint near 46th can fill all your pig--baby and otherwise--needs.

Wesley and I have long been fans of El Comelon, on Greenpoint near 41st, but I think I know where we'll be going the next time we get a craving for rice & beans, plantains, and some kind of yummy animal, washed down with sugary goodness.

My mouth is totally watering.

5 comments:

grvsmth said...

I love El Comelón, but I might try Las Americas some time. I've bought meat there before, and it was decent, but I never noticed the dining area.

Has anyone tried the new Columbian place on Queens Boulevard between 44th and 45th? I thought it was good, but a little pricey for lunch.

Anonymous said...

What's it called? We'll definitely check it out.

grvsmth said...

I can't remember - Pico Pico? It's on the North side of the boulevard next to the Romanian multiservice store. And I misspelled "Colombian."

Anonymous said...

We've been wondering about that place--

grvsmth said...

I just walked by it today: Pico Fino.