Why the hell should I trek all the way out to Queens? Answers within.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Quaint Ain't The Shaint



Ain't Donovan's got better burgers?
Hell yeah.
Quaint overcooks and oversalts.

Ain't Tournesol got better steak frites?
Hell yeah. Any damn day of the French Fuggin' Week. And without the mushroom sauce drowning the cow, needer.

Ain't the fish just as fresh at Ariyoshi?
I mean to tell ya what.

Fried fish ain't ever better than it is at Kettle.

And, I ain't got the time or the inclination for a waitress can't even tell me what fuggin' hummus is. That's not very special.

What is special? The waiter cleaning the table next to us with Windex while we ate.
Ain't that special?

Ain't it clean though.

At least it ain't Bliss, but ain't we got to have a better place to take our honeys on our one night off together? Ain't we?
I mean, really.
Shoot.

ps - I think we might have found a nice Subaru. Wish us luck.

5 comments:

Jeremy Kareken said...

Aw, settle down. I like that we have a nice clean place to eat, with really rather good food. The cocktailiste at the bar does a nice job too.

Wesley Dumont said...

That's a nice picture,though. Right?
Fries were too salty. Definitely going back. Donovan's gets dissed here to often in the comments. Best of them all.

I can't calm down. Trying to master gonzo.very important.

Jeremy Kareken said...

Donovan's is the shiznit. Love the burger. And they feed my kid lovely mashed potatoes as soon as we sit down.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the waitress was just mind-boggled that you actually don't know what "hummus" is. Quaint is a fine place - i've never had a bad experience with the staff or the food.

Anonymous said...

The people at the table next to us didn't know what hummus was, and the waitress couldn't explain it to them. they asked us after she left if we knew what it was, and we told them.

Here's the thing about Quaint--the only problem with it is that it's overpriced for what you get. I enjoyed my steak frites just fine, but I don't think it was worth charging $17 for. That's a little too upscale a price for the neighborhood. And there's no reason to fake being Manhattan--or even LIC for that matter. Especially if you're going to smother it in sauce.

I thought the wine list was nice & priced affordably, and the front half is really cute. I definitely want to go back in the summer and check out the courtyard.