Why the hell should I trek all the way out to Queens? Answers within.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Touch Football for Fun & Charity

Got this in my inbox:

This fall, ZogSports expands to Queens with Touch Football in Queensbridge Park and Outdoor Soccer in Elmhurst. ZogSports, the charity-focused, social, co-ed sports league for young professionals in their 20s and 30s, is coming to Queens for the first time.

ZogSports has spent the last four years helping young New Yorkers break the monotony of the typical day – work/gym/bar/home - by offering sports leagues, trips, social events, and volunteer opportunities. To date, they have brought together 33,000+ participants and given more than $290,000 to charity.

Participants can sign up as an entire team or as an individual/small group and we’ll place them on a team. Teammates get to know each other at the organized post-game happy hours at local bars.

As a philanthropy-focused organization, ZogSports donates a portion of all proceeds to charity, and helps all participants Play For Your Cause by making donations to winning teams’ charities of choice. Teams have the opportunity to win both on the field as well as off, with awards given for Best Team Name, Best Team Spirit, and Best Happy Hour Team. ZogSports also partners with local charitable organizations to promote/co-sponsor their events, and organizes charity events of its own.


Sounds fun, if you consider yourself a team player and like meeting new people under physicall demanding circumstances, that is. Me, I'll sign up when they add Scrabble to their roster of activities. (Fact: I played ZLOTYS on a triple word score when Wesley and I were on our honeymoon in Spain. We didn't have a dictionary with us, and he threatened to cut off my supply of Rioja if I continued to insist that it was a real word. I chose Rioja over what I knew in my heart was right. I am still upset over what I consider to be the play of a lifetime.)

2 comments:

Shree Laxman said...

this sounds really fun..how do i sign up and get assigned to a team..should i just register and wait for an email from zogsports to be assigned?
shree

Anonymous said...

I think so--