Why the hell should I trek all the way out to Queens? Answers within.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Bliss is a Miss

I wanted to like Bliss, I really did.

When they opened in the late summer of 2005 on the corner of 46th Street and Skillman Avenue where the former Jaunting Car Pub used to stand, it was one of the first signs that our little neighborhood was changing. Soon after came the much beloved Sunnyside Garden Farms market across the street, and then Bliss' rival restaurant, Quaint just down Skillman Avenue. Lynn and I first ate at Bliss shortly after they opened, eager to show our support for a new local restaurant. On our first visit, the service was great - the server was attentive, gave us a run down of the wine list, the beers available (both bottles and on tap), and the specials.We were both fairly pleased with the experience, despite the fact that as vegetarians we could only order one item from the menu - the fresh mushroom ravioli appetizer, as our main course, which we liked. Since it was a bit pricey and since the menu didn't change over the next year to include other vegetarian entrees, we didn't return until recently. Instead we often favored Bliss' neighbor Quaint, which opened in early 2006. Quaint has a slightly more diverse menu (though still lacking in the veg department), has a nicer atmosphere, and is a bit more affordable.

On our most recent visit back to Bliss things had changed. The flimsy card stock menus were splattered with red wine stains, there was no wine or drink list, and they had taken out the beers on tap which left them offering only Amstel, Coors Light, Bud Light and Corona, which made the place feel more like Applebee's than a "new-American bistro" as described by the New York Times. It took ages for the wait staff (who were nothing but polite and friendly) to take our drink orders, ages for our drinks to arrive, and ages for our food to arrive. And they were not that busy. Again, Lynn and I had the mushroom ravioli appetizer as our entree, but this time Lynn noted that the sauce tasted like "a mix of butter and dijon mustard." Our dining companions who are not vegetarian were only a little more adventurous. One had the salmon, which was nicely presented and was reported to be very good. The other had their hamburger. While I did not sample the burger, the bun looked like it came from a 12-pack of Wonder buns they bought across the street at Sunnyside Garden Farms and the pickle slices on the side looked sickly and pale, as if they had been sitting in a jar for a decade or more. While it didn't quite redeem the experience completely, I admit their chocolate mousse dessert was tasty.

It's surprising that in the face of some stiff competition with Quaint, Bliss didn't try to step things up a bit - shake up their menu, lower their prices a smidge, have more interesting drinks and specials. Instead they have done the complete opposite - they have stagnated, taken away drink options and let their service slide. It's no wonder then that their busiest night of the week is Tuesday - the one night Quaint is closed. On other nights when we walk by, Bliss is sadly empty while Quaint is hopping. It makes me wonder how long Bliss can survive. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it would be sorely missed.

(Here's what Wesley had to say about Bliss last year. I wish I could say they've come a long way since ...)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

my wife and i had an almost identical experience with bliss. high hopes, then big disappointment. the trouble started when the original chef quit and the place had to shut down for weeks around thanksgiving 2005. the owner told us the chef had quit in protest for refusing to make a more casual menu. she wanted to make it more informal and he refused to make burgers. i thought if i want a burger i can get a very good one at copper kettle or at donovan's. (more recently quaint is offering an excellent cheese burger with perfect fries) so why would bliss want to serve burgers when there are so many casual options nearby? the original bliss was lovely. inventive, and not too upscale. the nabe was supporting it, rooting for it. we went back once after bliss reopened but it wasn't close to the original. we gave it one more try but the bread was stale and the service was piss poor. never again. i can't wait till it shuts down once and for all. hopefully a more successful restaurant will take its place.

grvsmth said...

I have it on good authority that Bliss is going through a transition period now, and you should see some changes by the end of the month. I hope you all will give it another chance then.

In the interest of full disclosure, Bliss is a customer of mine.

Anonymous said...

ooh--are they going to offer free wireless access?

grvsmth said...

Free wireless, Claire? They're much more of a sit-down restaurant; wouldn't you want to concentrate on the food or on your dinner companions?

You can get free wireless across the street at the Daco Romano cafe.

Claire Deveron said...

Nah, I'm so sick of talking to Wesley. I've heard all of his rants at this point :)

I'm about to be leaving the corporate world for the life of a writer, so I'm scoping out all the places I can bring my cute new macbook for some alternatives to my apartment. So good to know about Daco Romano--I haven't been there (Wesley and I are on the other side of the Boulevard).

So what are you doing for them?

Wesley Dumont said...

Good, cheap Italian, gets my vote. Dazie's and Mario's - I can't wait to tell you what I think of those dumps for chumps.
Bring Down Bliss! Stop Mediocrity!

grvsmth said...

What I've done for Bliss is pretty much just break-fix stuff; the system was set up by another company who are apparently not so good on the support end. The owners of Mario's are also customers of mine.

I've got a lot of wireless recommendations, so I made a whole post on my own blog! Sorry I don't have more recommendations south of the Boulevard; let me know if you find anything.

Wesley Dumont said...

Thanks for that link, grvsmth.

Anonymous said...

I had a shoe that they called steak. My wife liked the mushroom ravioli. But that's it. Stuffy atmosphere. Middling to unattentive wait staff.

Anonymous said...

I went to Bliss last night for the first time and the food was delicious. The service however, was absolutely horrible. my friend and I were going to order dessert, but by the time the waiter came back, we just got the check, it had been almost 20 minutes since he gave us dessert menus.

We go to Quaint all the time and have never had a bad experience there.